- Pet Insurance Firm Pumpkin Signs in Chelsea
Pumpkin Insurance Services, a healthcare insurance firm and preventative care supplier for pets, inked a deal for offices at 251 West 30th Street in Chelsea,
- Ultimate Software CEO to step down following mega merger
The company is expected to hire “hundreds” in South Florida following the deal.
- Dundalk’s 67-year-old Poplar Inn will be rebranded with a new menu and look
A long-standing Dundalk bar and restaurant is getting a major makeover this spring. The Poplar Inn — a local landmark near the intersection of Wise
- Two major homebuilders buy into EYA’s Shady Grove Metro mixed-use project
A pair of homebuilders are buying into a massive mixed-use development near the Shady Grove Metro station, with plans to add more than 350 townhomes
- Icahn School of Medicine Signs for 12K SF on UES
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital will be taking 12,000 square feet of office space at 207 East 94th Street on the
- Viewpoint: D.C. can help developers overcome cost barriers to housing affordability
This is the year to spur the future housing affordability in the District of Columbia. The comprehensive plan amendment guiding development, along with the District’s
- Florida Cancer Specialists to move out of New Port Richey offices, build new center in Trinity
The cancer center is one of several underway in Pasco County.
- Park Hotels sells Embassy Suites in West End
Park Hotels & Resorts Inc., the real estate investment trust that spun out of Hilton in 2016, has sold one of its D.C. properties, the
- This book treats Northern Virginia as a global capital
There’s an imbalance in how authors write about our region. Washington, DC, is the subject of volume after volume, from academic history to crime novels
- Timonium investors acquire Baltimore County retail strip
The new owners are planning $500,000 in upgrades to the property on York Road.
- Baltimore County’s new advisory board is a who’s who of local businesses
Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski has tapped more than two dozen representatives from some of Greater Baltimore’s most prominent companies to join a new advisory
- Brooklyn Daycare Opening Fourth Location in Carroll Gardens
A Brooklyn-based daycare center inked a deal to open its fifth location in Carroll Gardens, brokers on the deal said. Ladybug Daycare signed a 10-year
- Wawa in Palm Springs sells for $7M
Wawa at 3288 South Military, Palm Springs Tampa-based Brightwork Real Estate sold a property leased to Wawa, the popular convenience store and gas station, at
- Sucampo founders list Georgetown condo in the Ritz-Carlton for sale
The former couple behind Sucampo Pharmaceuticals have listed their condominium in the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown for sale. The asking price for the unit at 3150 South
- California’s ‘disgrace’ is troubling California’s public universities
San Jose State University students slept on the ground Thursday night beneath the school’s iconic civil rights statue calling for more student housing aid.
- Perfectly polished Craftsman with views of Echo Park Lake asking $1.8M
A winning combination of old and new When this 1905 Craftsman in the Angelino Heights historic district previously appeared on the market, in April of
- Meet Ron and Solo Holloway, owners of the Woofbowl food truck for dogs
Welcome to Off the Beat, a weekly Q&A with a local business person doing something a little different. Have an idea or pitch that reflects
- Ollie co-founders out at co-living startup
Ollie co-founders Andrew and Chris Bledsoe The co-founders of Ollie, a co-living startup, have left their roles at the firm, The Real Deal has learned.
- Long Island brokers subpoened to testify in housing discrimination probe
State lawmakers are now subpoenaing Long Island brokers to testify over allegations of widespread bias in the real estate industry after 67 of 68 industry
- DC is creating another bus lane, this time on 14th Street
In 2019 DC got bus lanes on H and I streets NW, and a bus lane on 16th Street will start construction this summer. Now,
- Alex Rodriguez partnership buys first New York apartment building
340 East 51st Street and from left: Ofer Yardeni, Alex Rodriguez and Adam Modlin (Credit: Getty Images, Google Maps) Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez and his
- Post-WeWork debacle, SoftBank will map out strategy to investors
SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son will map out the company’s strategy at a New York investor meeting for the first time since WeWork’s implosion led to
- Developer Gary Tsan buys Flushing property for $60M
Local developer Gary Tsan has purchased one of Downtown Flushing’s last remaining large land parcels for $60 million, according to sources familiar with the deal.
- Mark your calendars: These are South Florida’s top real estate events next week
Here are a couple of real estate events worth checking out next week: Host: Connect MediaDate: Feb. 26Time: 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Connect Media
- These 3 contractors want to build downtown’s next tower
Selecting a general contractor is usually a sign that construction is imminent.