- Housing builders shift to cheap areas amid superluxe glut
As the super luxury market continues to stagnate, developers are looking to shift towards smaller-scale projects and cheaper areas. While superluxury was a major discussion
- Report: Bad wiring, poor installation of LED lighting at MGM National Harbor results in 6-year-old girl’s electric shock
Faulty wiring and installation of LED lighting was partly to blame for an electric shock that critically injured a 6-year-old June 26 at MGM National
- Delta to delay launch of two new weekly Miami-to-Havana flights until March 2019
Delta (NYSE: DAL) is set to add a second daily nonstop flight from Miami’s International Airport to Havana, Cuba, starting on Oct. 28.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, Meg Whitman reveal price point for NewTV
We still don’t know what it will be called or what it will look like, but some details about the new mobile-first media platform incubated
- The private equity paradox: Funds flush with cash can’t find deals with returns they need
There’s an eyebrow-raising issue playing out in the private equity world right now. While funds have pulled back on the amount of money they’re pouring
- Florida climbs back into the top 10 states for doing business
In its 2018 list of the top states for doing business, Area Development magazine has placed Florida at No. 10, advancing two spots from No.
- Avison Young recruits new principal to South Florida office
He generated over 628,000 square feet indeals in 2017.
- I-95 named second-best launchpad for autonomous trucking in U.S.
INRIX, a global software firm, ranked Interstate 95 as the second most promising starting point for autonomous trucking in the United States based on congestion,
- Ground beef with deadly E. coli recalled from Target and Sam’s Clubs
Ground beef sold at Target and Sam’s Club stores in Florida and nationwide is being recalled because it may contain deadly E. coli, which has has killed one
- Former quarterback Michael Vick sells Florida mansion to New England Patriot (Photos)
Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick and his wife, Kijafa Vick, sold their Davie home to a former gridiron opponent for $1.4 million. New England Patriots
- A Rafael Viñoly-designed bulletproof townhouse just hit the market for $50M
Architect Rafael Viñoly’s Upper East Side townhouse — with bulletproof glass — is officially for sale. His firm was enlisted to design the home at
- Mystery PAC shakes up convention center hotel campaign with ads warning ‘mega-traffic’
A mysterious new opposition group paid for ads urging voters to reject a proposed Miami Beach convention center hotel and then abruptly closed, raising questions
- Florida’s health data system often rejects information
Florida hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and emergency departments are required to electronically submit data to the state about patients who are discharged. But a recent
- New shipment of pineapples at Port Tampa Bay opens doors for new facility
For the first time, Port Tampa Bay is housing Costa Rican pineapples in its new on-dock cold storage facility. Port Logistics Refrigerated Services, which operates
- Eeeks! 2-feet-long eel was inside sea turtle’s body
A veterinarian has removed a 2-foot-long eel from the body cavity of a loggerhead sea turtle in the Florida Keys. Dr. Brooke Burkhalter needed three
- Social media brews with emotion over Dunkin’ Donuts name change
Coffee giant Dunkin Donuts plans to drop the Dunkin’ from its name next year. And the news literally stirred a mix of emotions on social
- Plans for golfing and boating move forward in Boca Raton
Public golfing and boating in Boca Raton are pitching forward with resident input sought for the redesign of the city’s only public boating ramp and
- Man in wheelchair, known as friendly panhandler, struck and killed
A man who used a wheelchair was struck and killed early Wednesday in Fort Lauderdale, according to neighborhood residents. It happened about 1 a.m. along
- South Florida projects under construction for the week of Sept. 28
This week’s real estate news.
- Software executives buy Boca Raton mansion for $10M (Photos)
Candace and Mark Malis, the husband-and-wife team that founded – and later sold – software firm QQ Solutions, have paid $10 million for a Boca
- Torrid year-end federal spending push pays dividends for this cyber startup
Lots of money is chasing cyber startups and solutions — some ready for prime time, some not.
- Is this D.C.’s fanciest dry cleaner? Dryy to open near Union Market
There comes a point when the cycle of disruption in any industry comes full circle. Think Amazon opening brick-and-mortar bookstores, or Hello Fresh selling its
- Wednesday’s Must Reads
A sweeping federal bill on affordable housing; a sweeping DC bill on energy efficiency; and a sweeping deck to unite Bloomingdale and Eckington. Keep reading
- Amazon will launch Whole Foods delivery via Prime Now in Tampa Bay
Amazon.com will now deliver Whole Foods Market Inc. staples like hummus, almond butter and wine — along with meat, seafood and florals — directly to homes in
- D.C. has a presence at South by Southwest each year. Now it’s kicking off a local version of the event.
Each year, D.C. officials participate in the annual South by Southwest conference in Austin, Texas, to highlight the District’s entrepreneurial community and recruit new tech