- Women aren’t making progress in landing Maryland’s top-paying state jobs
Since 2012, gains by women at Maryland governmental agencies and other state organizations have been limited and uneven, according to a Baltimore Sun review of
- Beacon Capital Partners Seals $370M CMBS Refi for Chicago’s AMA Plaza
Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs have provided a $370 million loan to Beacon Capital Partners for AMA Plaza — a 1.2-million-square-foot trophy office tower at
- Advenir Lands $59 Refi for Pembroke Pines Community
Multifamily landlord Advenir has scored a $58.7 million refinancing loan, for Advenir at San Tropez, a Pembroke Pines rental community Brokerage Berkadia originated the fixed-rate,
- EB-5 program set to expire at the end of June
Hudson Yards (iStock) A U.S. visa program that gave green cards to investors and was popular among real estate developers, is set to expire, with
- Exclusive: Waterfront Davis Islands home sells for $12.5 million
The buyer is a member of one of Tampa Bay’s most prominent families.
- Can SWFL’s social problems disappear in 18 years? Fort Myers Collaboratory has lofty goal
‘We’re trying to break the model of what hasn’t worked … let’s try getting everyone focused on where we’re going and try something else that
- New Hamptons sales and listings promise ocean views… and eternal life
40 Meadow Lane, Southampton The Hamptons continues to be the hottest housing market in the tri-state area, with several notable sales and listings in recent
- Exclusive: East Williamsburg industrial site sells for $18.2M
Queens-based company J&R Acquisitions purchased the site shortly after selling one of its own To view the full story, click the title link.
- Maxim Capital Lends $18M on Copperline Partners’ Palm Beach Multifamily Buy
Copperline Partners has closed a deal to purchase the Edgewater House Apartments in Palm Beach, Fla., Commercial Observer has learned. The acquisition, which closed last
- Domed Police Building penthouse finally sells after massive price cut
Not even a secret room and 360-degree views could help one Little Italy penthouse find a buyer willing to pay an ultra-high premium. After five
- Central Florida research activity growth brings opportunities to local businesses
One university locally plans to grow its research prominence.
- Multifamily Occupancy Update: Key Markets See Sizable Loans Post Large Declines
“Back in April, Trepp reported that CMBS servicer data indicated there were signs of ‘fraying’ in the apartment segment in some major U.S. markets,” wrote
- SoCal e-commerce company expanding distribution site in Dallas area by 156,000 square feet
A Southern California company tied to the auto industry is investing more at its Dallas-area location. Torrance’s CarParts.com is expanding its Grand Prairie site —
- Ultimate CEO Maureen Shea on keeping centered during challenging times
“The most important thing was that we stayed focused, healthy and positive,” she says.
- News in Brief: Scrubs & Beyond opening a third South Florida location; Menin accepts BitPay
This week’s news briefs.
- New housing construction leaves US 5.5 million units short
(iStock/Illustration by Kevin Rebong for The Real Deal) In the past 20 years, new housing construction lagged 5.5 million units behind historical levels, according to
- Dave’s Hot Chicken opening new location in Sherman Oaks
Dave’s Hot Chicken is opening a restaurant in the Los Angeles area in Sherman Oaks. The restaurant at 14622 Ventura Boulevard will hold a grand
- Arch, Infinity plan 20-story project in Miami’s Edgewater
The developers have this site under contract.
- Why Skanska started a commercial development practice in Los Angeles
Clare De Briere, executive vice president for commercial development in Los Angeles, on the Swedish construction firm’s strategy in L.A.
- Cash-for-visa program set to expire at the end of June
A U.S. visa program that gave green cards to investors and was popular among real estate developers, is set to expire, with no clear plan
- Tampa’s Pilot Bank to be sold to Michigan credit union
A credit union in Grand Rapids will acquire Pilot Bank in an all-cash transaction, the two financial institutions said Wednesday.
- Legal Scholars Pipeline program aims to increase number of Black lawyers in South Florida
Florida Memorial University and Weiss Serota Helfman Cole and Bierman launch Legal Scholars Pipeline Program to foster future black lawyers.
- DeSantis says he is sending Florida law enforcement to the Southern border
Gov. Ron DeSantis is the first to answer a call for help from Texas and Arizona and said he is sending Florida law enforcement to
- Lou Holtz sells Lake Nona home with golf cart garage, cigar lounge and more
The deal was Central Florida’s priciest home sale the week of June 7.
- Roker Realty Sells 151 East 90th Street in Carnegie Hill for $15M
Roker Realty Corporation sold its six-story, Carnegie Hill apartment property at 151 East 90th Street for $15 million, property records show. The sale of the